Monday, December 7, 2009


On Saturday, December 5, 2009, I had the opportunity to attend the second annual Shushybye Holiday Extravaganza being presented at the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles. If you’ll remember, I posted and opportunity for a reader to win a four pack of tickets to this very same event here. Although I do not have children in this age group, I was overly excited about attending this event, as I had read so many good things about the production.

Let me just say, this event did not disappoint. The music in this production is very appealing to the adults while also keeping the kiddies entertained. For those who don’t know what Shushybye is, it’s an original preschool entertainment and lifestyle brand which includes, a television series on BabyFirstTV, bedtime storybooks, toys and plush dolls, music CD’s and DVD’s and sleepwear. This genre is designed to encourage children to look forward to nightly sleepy time. The concept is Shushybye is about dreams, dreams made especially for children by the shushies (the characters) who live in Shushybye villages aptly named Nap Valley, Snore Shore and Slumber Heights. The shushies are named Dozie, Zeez, Snoozles, Conductor McCLoud and King.

The creator Steve Syatt created this world of bedtime stories for his son. If the reactions of the children in the audience were any indication, I say Mr. Syatt has a hit on his hands. The holiday extravaganza was colorful, whimsical, and enchanting. Unlike most children’s cartoons and stories, which usually don’t do much for the parents, the music makes this production rather engaging. If you have the opportunity to see this production, I encourage you to do so. I’m sure you and your children will enjoy every minute, I know I did. You should also check out the website here. They have books, DVD’s and CD’s for sale as well as plush toys. These items would make great gifts for any preschooler or toddler.

***In exchange for my honest review, I was provided two tickets to attend the Shushybye Holiday Extravaganza courtesy of Shushybye. No other form of compensation was provided.
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: