Tuesday, December 22, 2009




So, have you heard of Vivabox? No, me neither and I like to consider myself to be a person in the know about whats new. Vivabox is a wonderful gift idea made just for that hard to shop for person, or remember that person I mentioned in my other post, whose name suddenly appeared on your gift list. Vivabox is two gifts in one, first the recipient receives a tangible gift in a variety of different themes (wine, food, beauty, fragrance, BBQ, etc) and then they get to choose a second gift that they can custom select! The company says its more than a gift, it’s an experience.

Here is what their website has to say:

A vivabox is an exciting new product that combines the freedom of choice with the personal touch of a real gift. This two layered gift can be the answer to all of your gift giving dilemmas. The first layer is a gift inside the box that is intended to familiarize the recipient with the product. The second layer is the gift card that can be redeemed for their gift selection from a menu of choices.

1. You Pick The Theme
Do you have an idea as to what type of gift someone would like? Select one of our themes that you think they would enjoy the most. This is the part that gives it a personal touch.

2. They Try The Samples
They open the box and enjoy the gift inside. Depending on the box this could be a gift to try, taste or use and they all relate to the theme of the box.

3. They Choose The Gift
After enjoying the first gift, the recipient visits this website and enters their card number. They will be taken through the redemption process where they choose their final present. This is where the freedom of choice happens.

Result: You have given them a present they actually WANTED! The basic theme was chosen by you for a personal touch but the actual gift was customized by the recipient. This ensures that you have given what he or she will most enjoy. Plus, they got to experience the joy of receiving the perfect present for longer than ripping off the wrapping paper.

I was given the opportunity to experience the Coffee Talk vivabox which has a retail value of $45.00, and includes:


• Three sustainable coffees from Jazzman's CafĂ© (El Salvador Picacho Superiore, Sumatra Mandheling, and Guatemala Finca La Sola)
• Hazelnut Flavoring Syrup from Torani
• Gift card for a Coffee Talk Gift Menu item
• Jazz Music CD

To further personalize my experience, I then get to redeem the enclosed gift card for several options on the Coffee Talk Gift Menu, which includes one of the following choices:

• All Flavor Package - Any 5 bottles of syrup
• Mix and Match Package - 1 bag of coffee and any 3 bottles of syrup
• High Octane Package - 2 bags of coffee and 1 bottle of syrup
• Classic Cup-O-Joe Package - Any 3 bags of coffee

I must say, this has been a rather enjoyable experience. First, by having the opportunity to try three very different coffees without having to make a full commitment. Second, I also love the fact that the flavoring syrup was included, since these are the only types of drinks I order at my local coffee house. Most people would probably say I’m not really a coffee drinker, since I use so many flavorings and milk that I don’t get to experience the real flavor of the coffee. I say, to each his own. I am still able to taste the coffees flavor while enjoying it with flavoring syrups. I am also a huge jazz fan, and to have the opportunity to sit with a warm cup of flavored coffee and some smooth jazz playing in the background, I wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere else. I must say my favorite coffee was the Guatemala Finca La Sola , this coffee was very smooth and its aromatics are pronounced. On tasting, pleasant acidity at the start, then peach & sweet fruit, possibly some pear. Smooth creaminess on the tongue. Sweet fruit lingers for a long time on the aftertaste. Very low bitterness.

I think I will choose to use my giftcard on the All Flavor Package, something that will mix up the taste of these three very diverse coffees. If you know someone on your list that is a coffee fan, I would say get them this vivabox as a gift. Of course, there are quite a few other very unique vivabox choices here. Take a look around, I’m certain you will find something for everyone on your list and most are reasonably priced. The site is very easy to navigate and purchasing is as easy as one, two, three. I especially like the spa and facial vivabox, I know my birthday is eleven months away, but I thought I would get a head start. I would like to thank vivabox for providing me with this wonderful experience.


*** I was provided with a sample of the Coffee Talk vivabox in order to complete this review. No other form of compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: