Wednesday, January 6, 2010



Have you ever been driving, or for that matter just sitting in your car and you drop something down between the seats? Frustrating isn’t it? I don’t know who thought up the design of the automobile front seat and the small space that forms between the seat and the center console, but he really should be ashamed. Way back in the day, (I know I’m dating myself) most vehicles had what was called bench seats in the front. They ran the width of the vehicle, just like the backseats did. No open spaces, just one long seat.


Well, I guess there have finally been enough frustrated people, because the good people at Drop Stop, LLC have created a great little product. It is made of a hypo-allergenic, polyester fiberfill interior and high grade, durable and stain resistant neoprene casing. Drop Stop® is easy to self-install in seconds. You just slip it between the seat and center console and align the built in slot over and around the seatbelt catch. Drop Stop® is flexible and cleans quickly and easily with a damp cloth.

When I began to use this product, I thought I would put it to the test and create a Pro and Con list.

CON

• The only color currently available is black, which does not blend very well with my light tan interior.

• The space between my seat (with sheepskin seat cover) and center console was extremely snug and a little hard to fit (but it did).

• Whenever the center console is opened and then closed, the Drop Stop® bunches up and hinders the drawer from closing.

PRO

• It doesn’t stop you from dropping things, but it DOES STOP them from falling between the seats.

• The cleanup is extremely easy as stated, diet soda wipes right off with a damp cloth.

• This handy item stops the need to look down after dropping something to see where it has fallen to; you know its right there on top of the Drop Stop®.

• I can put all that extra change I used to lose between the seats in my piggy bank and save for a rainy day.

Drop Stop® has also provided some startling statistics from the U.S. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.). They report that last year alone, D.O.T. reported 500,000 car accidents and 6,000 fatalities, which occurred due to driver distraction. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood has labeled distracted driving as an American “epidemic” that continues to grow.

All in all, I think this product is a win, win. Just the fact that yours and the other drivers safety isn’t at jeopardy because you’ve taken your eyes off the road, is reason enough for me to buy. Right now the product is available exclusively here, Drop Stop® retails for $19.95 plus shipping and handling. That price includes a set of 2 Drop Stops®, one for the driver’s seat and one for the passengers, a complimentary LED Credit Card Light and a dashboard Slide Free pad. They also offer a 60 day money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied.

I say give it a try. What’s the worst that could happen; you keep more change in your pockets and have fewer spilled French fries between your seats.





****I was provided with a sample Drop Stop® in order to complete this review. I have not received any monetary compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced.
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: