Thursday, March 4, 2010


I'm sure most of you are probably tired of my posts about the view, but for those that aren't, here is my review of what this weeks The View has/had in store for us. 

MONDAY
Monday's are usually a show full of hot topics, there are a some times when there are guests on and this Monday they had Nathan Fillion , who is currently on ABC's Castle.  He was a previous member of one of my favorite ABC shows, Desperate Housewives.  Loved him on that show, he meshed so well with the cast.  I have to admit that I have never watched Castle, but from viewing the clips during the episode I might have to give it a view.

TUESDAY
Tuesday appeared to be every teenage girls dream come true, based on the pre-show conversations.  Some of these little girls camped out at 4:00 am just to be first in to see their favorite Vampire, Robert Pattinson.  Once again, I don't follow vampire movies so I really don't get it, but to each his own.  These little girls were like the teenagers back in the day who got a chance to be in the presence of Elvis or the Beetles.  This is a little bit of  Robert's bio: Robert is known for his portrayal of Cedric Diggory in the fourth installment of the Harry Potter Movie series and Edward Cullen in the Twilight movies, as well as his roles in Ring Of The Nibelungs, Vanity Fair, The Haunted Airman, How To Be, and his upcoming role in Little Ashes! He was on the show to promote his latest movie ‘Remember Me’ which is a romantic drama, a departure from his previous roles.

WEDNESDAY
Wednesday's show really had a little bit of everything.  Lisa Kudrow (one of my favorite actresses) was on the show promoting a new documentary series entitled  "Who Do You Think You Are" which her production company, Is or Is Not Entertainment is producing.  The Series premieres on March 5th, 8/7c on NBC.  If follows seven celebrities who embark on the journey of their lives--the quest to discover the genealogical roots of who they are. The first episode will have, Sarah Jessica Parker, Susan Sarandon, Spike Lee, Matthew Broderick, Brooke Shields, Emmitt Smith and Lisa Kudrow.  From what I can see, this program proves to be very moving and painful for some to watch.  I have already set my DVR to record it.

THURSDAY
Thursday's episode seems to be pretty jam packed as well.  They will have Valerie Bertonelli on as a guest host for the day. I have been a fan of her's since she was a teen actress on One Day at a Time and also on Touched by an Angel.  She has so much class and grace.  When she was married rocker, Eddie Van Halen, I always wondered what a nice girl like her was doing with him. The show will also have Mia Wasikowska from Disney's Alice in Wonderland.  I can't wait to see this movie as I am sure it will be an amazing event in 3D as most Disney films are.

FRIDAY
Friday, the host will continue to role out the red carpet with a host of Oscar winners and past nominees.  They will also be finishing up the week with the two part special edition of "Fashion Friday" with "The History of Oscar Fashions" and 2010 Oscar Predictions.  If you are a fan of the movies, I think this will be one to watch.  They are slated to have celebrity stylists Robert Verdi, Michael Phillips and Tony Scott to unveil their Oscar predictions.

So, if you aren't already a fan of The View, this week may just convert you.  I know, sometimes it's hard to get past the bickering, but when they come together, it really is a great show.  Check it out on ABC daytime.  You can also catch up on past episodes on ABC. Take a little time to enjoy The View.



***I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other The View branded items to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed are my own.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Mom of Many said...

I can just come here now and find out what's happening all week long! Following you from Follow Each Other at MBC.