So, today is T-minus one day. Tomorrow, Tuesday, March 16, 2010, Disney's Princess and the Frog, Blu-Ray and DVD will release. The other great part about this is that I will be receiving a copy to review and also be able to offer one Blu-Ray and DVD to a lucky reader. I have another post regarding the release of this awesome movie here, which also includes some printable activity and coloring book sheets for you to print for your children. I have also reviewed The Princess and the Frog Soundtrack here.
INGREDIENTS: 3 cups flour 1/3 cup sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1 cup buttermilk 1/3 cup water 1 egg, beaten 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Vegetable oil, for frying Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
1. In a medium bowl, combine 23/4 cups of the flour with the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk everything together.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, water, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture from Step 1.
3. Use some of the remaining flour to dust your work surface. Place the dough on it and pat it into a large 1/2 -inch-thick square. Dust the top with more flour if it gets sticky. Next, slice the dough into 21/2 -inch squares.
4. Now it’s time to fry the beignets—be sure to ask an adult to help you! Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy saucepan on the stovetop until the temperature reaches 325° on a deep-fat thermometer. Check the temperature every so often while cooking. If it gets too hot, temporarily turn the heat down, or off.
5. Carefully drop 3 dough squares at a time into the hot oil. Fry them for 3 minutes, turn them over, and continue frying for 3 more minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beignets to a wire rack set atop paper towels to drain. Dust the beignets with confectioners’ sugar, and enjoy!
You might also like to print Tiana’s Fairytale Ingredients, a sheet to help craft your very own story and make your own fairytale with your children.
After receiving the Blu-Ray DVD, I hope to have a review up to give you all the details of what it has to offer. But, until then I have a giveaway to offer which will hopefully hold you over.
***Update*** So, I received my copy of the DVD and it is so much better than the on screen movie was. Mostly because of all the extras, which include:
• Deleted Scenes
• Audio Commentary by John Musker and Ron Clements (co-writers and directors) and Peter Del Vecho (producer)
• “Never Knew I Needed”- Music video by Ne-Yo
The single disc DVD comes with these exciting bonus features:
Games and Activities:
What Do You See: Princess Portraits — A bayou-style quiz tests viewers’ knowledge of all of
Disney’s beautiful princesses. Ray’s firefly family creates twinkling portraits of each princess and if
the player correctly identifies her, they can enjoy a tongue-cheek mini re-telling of that character’s
The Blu-ray Combo Pack edition comes with additional bonus features, including:
Magic In The Bayou: The Making of A Princess — Co-writers and directors John Musker and Ron Clements take a freewheeling, behind-the-scenes look at the making of Disney’s newest animated film as it grows from an initial concept to a lavish animated film set in the enchanting world of New Orleans and the surrounding bayous.
The Return To Hand Drawn Animation
The Disney Legacy
Disney’s Newest Princess
The Princess and the Animator
Conjuring The Villain
A Return To The Animated Musical
Bringing Life to Animation with an introduction by John Musker and Ron Clements.
Deleted Scenes introduced by the filmmakers
Art Galleries — A collection of storyboard art traces the visual development of The Princess and the Frog’s rich gallery of characters and settings.
Actors: Anika Noni Rose, Bruno Campos, Jennifer Cody, Keith David, Jenifer Lewis, Jim Cummings
I can't wait for one of you to win your copy of this DVD, so you and your little one can enjoy all the extras the DVD has to offer.
Giveaway: The great people at Disney have offered one of my readers their very own copy of this DVD. So here are the rules:
Giveaway Rules – Each entry must include your name and email. A comment should be left for each entry. You must complete the mandatory entries to be eligible for the optional entries. This giveaway will end at 10 pm pst on 3/26/10. The winner(s) will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Please look for the You’ve Won email from desperatelyseekingdeals(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Mandatory Entries required*1 entry * Follow me via Google friend connect in the right sidebar, or tell me if you already follow.
*1 Entry * Follow me on Twitter (button in the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name.
*1 Entry * Tweet this giveaway once daily by posting the following (be sure to include your tweet link in the comments). Giveaway @scrappydz Princess and the Frog Blu-Ray & DVD http://bit.ly/baVt16 Ends 3/26/10.
*1 Entry * Become a fan on Facebook(button in the right sidebar). If you’re already a fan then leave a comment telling me you are.
*2 Entries * Write a post on your blog linking back to this post and leave the link.
*3 Entries * Email 5 friends about this giveaway, blind copy me and have them publicly follow my blog via Google Friend Connect.
***I was provided with 1 DVD by Disney in order to write this review. The opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced.
Hi, I live in So. California and love to find the latest and greatest deals and then share them with friends and family. I am a wife and step-mother who works full-time outside the home and loves to seek out deals, bargain hunt, review products and blog. I enjoy meeting new people and learning new things. My goal is to provide useful information to like minded readers and hopefully make some new friends along the way. Please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email. I am happy to meet you and glad you stopped by. PR is always welcome.