Wednesday, April 14, 2010


Recently I received I Love God’s Green Earth – Devotionals for Children from Tyndale House Publishing for review. This new book was released on February 15, 2010. Although I do not have children in this age group, I enjoyed reading this book and found it to be a good accompaniment for parents trying to get their children more involved. This book addresses two concerns that might be on most parents’ agenda for rearing their children; Christian Values and Environmental Concerns. The book is primarily written for children between the ages of nine and twelve, but I think with the right approach can be shared with children as young as four.

This book was created by Michael and Caroline Carroll. The goal in them creating this book was to teach children about God’s creation and how to take care of it. This is really great especially at this time of year. The Easter season is upon us and Earth Day will also be celebrated this month. I think it would be the perfect time to introduce your child(ren) to it.

The book encompasses ninety devotionals which includes a Scripture verse, a “Connection” section to help kids apply both the biblical and environmental lessons, and a “What Can I Do?” section with a takeaway activity. This book would make a great addition to any Christian educator’s library, I can also see it being used in Sunday schools, Christian schools science class and of course your children’s very own book stash. Jokes and fun facts are also included throughout the devotion to make this book fun, informative, and interesting to readers.

My opinion is that this book is a must for all Christian parents’ home. It is geared toward the right age group and is something that can be enjoyed together as a family. I also think it’s something that might be helpful in stimulating conversation around the breakfast/dinner table and something to get your child(ren) more involved with the environment and it’s direct relation to God’s creation. It’s also great that this book is in paperback to withstand the little hands that have been working in the earth and will be turning the pages.





***I received this book from Tyndale House Publishers for review purposes. No other form of compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

bridget3420 said...

Found your blog on MBC. I'm following you now and would love it if you would follow me too:

http://bridget3420.blogspot.com
http://freebies4meandu.blogspot.com

Denise said...

Stopping by from Friday Follow. I am your newest follower.