Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Can you believe the holidays are just around the corner? As if staying on a proper eating plan/schedule isn’t hard enough, yesterday marked the two month mark until Christmas. This of course means holiday parties, potlucks, get-togethers and constant snacking. So you probably wouldn’t think that the people at Hershey’s would be concerned with the health of its customers, but they are. Hershey has a Center for Health & Nutrition (HCHN) which is in collaboration with the American Dietetic Association, called Moderation Nation.


The moderation nation website offers a variety of new tools which include:

• Moderation Menus – Seven day meal plans, with snack ideas. You can choose each menu based on your lifestyle, such as Single, Adults with Kids and Adults with No Kids.

• Recipes and Expert Tips - Here you´ll find advice from Cheryl Forberg, a registered dietitian for NBC's The Biggest Loser and New York Times best-selling cookbook author. Along with additional recipes and tips from other experts in the industry.

• Useful Facts - Here you´ll find everything from a "portion distortion" guide - providing cues on what actual portion sizes should look like - to a grocery shopping fact sheet - to a guide on how to start and maintain a food journal.
• Balance the Meal - This cool balancer tool allows you to input your main dish and its preparation method; in return, you´ll receive ideas for complementary side dishes that round out the meal smartly.

As most of us know, it is usually our busy schedules and lifestyles that do us in when it comes to trying to stay on a proper eating plan. The people at Hershey have also taken that into consideration by providing an iPhone app as part of the Moderation nation program. The free app, Activity Break, reminds you take three ten minute “activity snacks” per day. It includes some generic style exercise tips, and also includes other activities you might not consider to be exercise. In addition to being able to schedule a reminder, the application is also capable of scheduling random times throughout the week.

And, to help you get on board the wonderful people at My BlogSpark and Hershey is offering one prize pack to one of my readers, which includes:

• Hershey’s candy

• T-shirt

• Journal

To enter, please leave a comment telling me how you plan to watch you weight during the holidays. This contest will end on 10/31/10 @ noon pst and one winner will be randomly selected from the submitted comments. the winner will be emailed and will have 48 hrs to respond.



***I was provided with a Hershey;s Healthy Moderation pack to complete this review. No other form of compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced. These items were provided by MyBlogSpark and Hershey’s.
Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

Cheryl F. {The Lucky Ladybug} said...

I plan to eat small portions, take my time and eat slowly, and fill up on water :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!
http://scr.im/ladybugemail

Karen said...

I plan on doing what I do the rest of the year. After many years I finally learned to allow myself a little treat every day and then I don't go hog wild because I know I can have some more tomorrow. For me it is sweets. :-)
~K http://scr.im/nerak

Busy Working Mama said...

I'll do what I always do - watch/count calories, exercise and try to limite the sweats.
aleksa91 hotmail

suburban prep said...

I am drinking more water than before. It fills me up so that junk food isn't a temptation. Also when I go places if there is the option to walk I will do that plus I will make an effort to go to the gym and workout more.
msgb245 at gmail dot com

Julie said...

I love drinking water so that is one thing I do to help me out. If I have a craving for say something chocolate-I will eat several chocolate kisses..I also eat alot of fresh fruit
aunteegem@yahoo.co
thanks