Monday, October 18, 2010

I decided to start a new feature for Monday's and call it media Monday.  This will be the day that I feature videos, albums, T.V. shows and in general all things media related. With that said, what better way to start this new segment than with a review of KT Tunstalls new album Tiger Suit.  This is KT's third album and has a mix of upbeat dance and ballads that can fit any mood.  There are several songs  that I can see dancing to in the clubs. If I had to categorize the sound I would call it "World" music, which is something I would expect to here playing in Cost Plus World Market, or on the streets and in cafes in almost any country in the world.

You can read a little bit more about what inspired this album on KT's website.  I must admit this is the first of KT's albums I have listened to in it's entirety. Most of the songs have a real hard rock feel to them, especially Push that Knot Away.  If you would like to preview the album go here.  I'm certain that you will find something you like.  My favorite two songs are Difficulty and Uummannaq Song.  I find my self bobbing my head along with both of them with Difficulty making me want to dance around the room freely. There are a total of eleven songs on this disc which include:

1. Uummannaq Song
2. Glamour Puss
3. Push That Knot Away
4. Difficulty
5. Fade Like A Shadow
6. Lost
7. Golden Frames
8. Come On, Get In
9. (Still A) Weirdo
10. Madame Trudeaux
11. The Entertainer

If after exploring this album you find that you like KT's music, you can get updates via her facebook page or twiiter feed. In either spot she will keep you up to date on her current tour dates and any happenings with appearances and her music in general.  When you've decided to purchase the new album you can pick it up at Amazon and if you decide you would like to see her perform in person you can purchase tickets and see tour dates on her site.  All in all, great music and has a spot in my music collection.




***I received a copy of KT Tunstall's CD from One to One for review purposes and received no further compensation.  All opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced.
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: