Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Recently I had the opportunity to receive the line of Crisco products to review, and I have to say they came none too soon.  Fall has finally arrived and with it's arrival for me, comes baking.  I love spending time in the kitchen during the cooler weather, with yummy smells coming from the oven on a crisp cool day. 

The generous people at Crisco sent me a wonderful care package which included Crisco Pure Canola Oil, Crisco 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Crisco 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil non-stick cooking spray, a free coupon for any Crisco product, and a lovely wooden Crisco spatula.  Even though baking is my favorite type of cooking to do during the fall and winter season, I had to break out the grill to try out the Crisco® Olive Oil Cooking Spray and grill up some fajitas.  This is one of my favorite main meals when the cooler weather rolls around, good thing I have an indoor grill.


So, I went over to the Crisco website and checked out their Spanish page to find a recipe.  Don't be intimidated if you do not speak or read Spanish, there is a small link in the upper right hand corner of the site which will allow you to view the site in English, just click and it will switch over to English. So I found this great recipe for Shrimp Fajitas (oh-so-yummy) and gave it a shot. Having all the ingredients on hand it was a quick and easy meal.  I substituted the spray in place of the oil in the recipe since I was doing this on the grill.  There was no aftertaste from the spray and absolutely no sticking on the grill.  These came out so great.  The other items have also been put to good use in various meals and with my Gratis coupon I picked up baking sticks to use when making pumpkin bread this weekend.

Another great find on the Crisco En Espanol website is a great giveaway they currently have going.  On the What's for Dinner website everyone has the opportunity to win :
  • One grand prize of a new line of gourmet cookware and one year of Crisco products
  • First-time entrants receive a Crisco product coupon
  • Each day 10 winners receive a $20 gift card 
The contest ends December 31, 2010 and you can enter once a day for your chance to win one of the above prizes. For first time entrants you also receive a link to print a coupon for Crisco products.  This is a coupons.com link, so if you have printed a Crisco coupon recently you may not be able to print again. So, go ahead and poke around the site, I'm sure you will find something you want to try.  My recipe binder now has a quite a few additions, courtesy of Crisco.



***I received the above mentioned care package courtesy of Crisco.  No monetary compensation was received.  All opinions are my own and have not been influenced.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: