Monday, December 6, 2010


I’m sure that I have mentioned before that I am a tech junkie.  Whatever the latest and greatest electronic product on the market, its on my must have list. So, when I was given the opportunity to review the Powermat for my Holiday Gift Guide, I was so happy, since this item has been on my wish list for over a year. Just by myself I have two cell phones, two IPODS and a Nintendo DS.  Of course this doesn’t include all of the other household members and their various electronic gadgets as well. So, I knew that I would be able to put the Powermat through its paces when charging all of my equipment.
I don’t know how many times my blackberry charger has gotten unplugged only to find out the next day while away from home that its battery has died on me.  I also hate the sight of wires and cords dangling all over the place or running along the wall to the power strip. Powermat to the rescue. I received the Powermat Home/Office Wireless Charging System to review along with three sleeves to accommodate my Blackberry, IPOD and Ninetnedo DS. When you open the wireless charging system box you'll find the power cable to plug in the Powermat to an electrical outlet. You also get a Powercube Universal receiver, which is required for powering a device that doesn't have a Powermat receiver case available. There are also a variety of adapter tips to connect the Universal Receiver to your phone. 


One might think what’s the use of having this, versus just plugging devices into an outlet?  As mentioned earlier only one power cord to worry about, no dangling wires or cords to keep up with or wonder who might have taken them. A sleek design which will help save energy as the charging stops when the device has fully charged. Each person can have their own device and if you purchase the portable wireless charging system you can take it on the go without all the extra cords and it folds for easy transport. 
This product went together smoothly and easily and charged my gadgets effortlessly.  I like the fact that there is a sound to confirm that the device is properly connected and charging, you will hear the same thing when the device has been disconnected from the charging system. If you have a technophile on your Christmas list this item will surely bring a smile to their face.
 GIFT GUIDE ITEM #5

****I received the above items to accommodate my review. No other form of compensation was received.  All opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: